Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The past year....

Some of the best moments over the past year.....

1) Delivery - yeah it was hard, but it was the best day of my life

2) Watching Adam change a poopy diaper - he never waited till Connor was done, so he ended up trying to catch the rest of it...too funny

3) Very early morning feedings - few things are better than snuggling in a dark room when it's just you and the baby in a rocking chair

4) Hearing Connor laugh

5) Getting hugs without asking for them

6) Reading Connor a book and having to wait while he kisses the character on the page

7) Sleeping through the night - this contradicts #3, but come on....8 hours of sleep again is nice

8) Splashing in the bathtub....and the clean smell that follows

9) Checking on him before I go to bed - it's always interesting to see what he was doing right before he fell asleep

10) Arguing with Adam over whether or not he is saying "MaMa" - which he totally does

Thank you God for blessing us with a perfect baby boy. I pray that I raise him to follow Your will in life and that he lives every day for You.

Thank you Adam for being such an awesome Dad. You love our son with so much passion. You're not afraid to break into the Hokey Pokey in the middle of the grocery store simply because it makes him happy. I'm okay with being your 2nd favorite person.....and I'm looking forward to being 3rd on your list one day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey April! Karen just sent me your blog address! I'm SO bummed we missed you while we were in TX! What a sweet post. I couldn't have said it better myself! I'm still getting up once a night to nurse Ella (@ 10 mo.) & I love it! That time is precious & I know it will be over soon. Happy Birthday Connor! Keep enjoying every second of your precious blessing!
    We love you!
    ~T

    ReplyDelete